As many of you know, I’m HUGE on eating your vitamins and chia seeds are one of my favorite ways to do just that.
Chia is a low growing herb, actually a part of the mint family, and it consists of an amazing list of health benefits, rich in all the essentials!
- omega-3 fatty acids = α -linolenic acid (ALA)
- antioxidants – ferulic acid, caffeic acid, quercetin
- fiber – 100g of chia seeds provide over 90% of daily recommended fiber
- vitamins – niacin, riboflavin, thiamin, folic acid
- minerals – Calcium, phosphorous, iron, manganese, and magnesium
A few tablespoons of chia a day provides enough recommended levels of phenolic anti-oxidants, minerals and vitamins.
Ways to add it to your diet: You can add it to your yogurt, salads, muffins, bread and other recipes.
Honestly, most of the time I get a tablespoon of chia seeds and swish water in my mouth and they go right down. They have very little taste, its as easy as taking vitamins themselves!
Stay vibrant and keep adding your vitamins with food,